Tonkin & Taylor (“the Company”) is committed to adhering to the requirements laid down by the Privacy Act 1993 in order to ensure that any personal information we collect and hold about you is kept, used and disclosed for lawful purposes, and in accordance with the Act.
The Privacy Act mandates that personal information may only be collected for a lawful and necessary purpose and, except in limited circumstances, should be collected directly from the person whom it relates to. The Privacy Act also requires that, subject to limited exceptions, such information should only be used for the purposes which were notified at the time the information was collected, or a directly related purpose.
During the course of dealings with you, the Company will generally collect basic personal information about you such as, but not limited to, your name, address, contact details, bank account and IRD numbers, and next of kin.
Use and Disclosure
The Company will hold and use any personal information collected for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, for any purpose disclosed at the time of collection or for any related purposes, in accordance with the Privacy Act. Generally we will only use or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Your suitability for employment/or placement (in whatever capacity);
- Reference checking;
- The recruitment process;
- Leave and salary records;
- Professional qualifications and study records;
- Health & Safety compliance and Risk Management;
- Marketing (i.e. as part of the Tender process);
- Contacting next of kin in an emergency;
- Business continuity;
- Assessment of your ongoing performance (including performance reviews) and prospects;
- Follow up referrals for further work;
- Checking for work availability;
- To enable us to identify any specific health & safety requirements or workplace rehabilitation;
- Any insurance claim or inquiry that requires disclosure of your personal information;
- Our handling of any complaint, investigation or inquiry of which you are or have been involved in; and
- In order to fulfil any specific legal requirements that necessitates disclosure of your personal information.
- As set out expressly in these terms;
- Where otherwise legally permitted.
Information relating to your contact details (including home and mobile telephone numbers) may also be used by Management when required to contact you outside of business hours. This information will not be available to other staff.
Access of Information and Correction to Information Held
Subject to the various exceptions within the Privacy Act, you have the right to access and seek correction of any personal information the Company holds about you. Any such request will be dealt with by the Company in a reasonable and practicable timeframe, and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If after reviewing the information we hold about you, you are able to establish that some or all of that personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date we will undertake steps to correct it or any part of it so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
If you wish to access your personal information or request a correction, please contact Human Resources on HR@tonkin.co.nz
Retention of Personal Information
Following your application or the end of your employment at the Company, your personal information will not be held for longer than is necessary, after which time it will be destroyed.
The Company's Privacy Officer is Colm Whyte.
By providing personal information to us, whether verbally or in writing by whatever means then you expressly acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions outlined under our Privacy statement and as a result of this you consent to the Company collecting personal information about you and disclosing and using that information as set out in the above terms.
The Company reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time, upon reasonable notice to you.
3 November 2010